About

Nov 5, 2017

Distress Ink Background + Fixing a Stamping Booboo

Hello again.  I'm starting my November card with some distress inking.  I haven't had the luxury to purchase the Oxides that's been highly praised, that's going to be in my wishlist for a bit longer meanwhile I'm just going to use the originals till I run out.



First off, I stamped this moroccan-esque background with Versamark and heat embossed it with clear Zing powder.  And then I went wild with the inks.  There was no particular 'recipe' on how I ended up with these colors other than the fact that my collection of inks aren't that big to start with, therefore I used Barn Door, Tumbled Glass and Peeled Paint.  I adhered that sentiment to the top right corner and cut it like so to add interest.  



I'll let you in on a secret- I didn't have a stamping block that was long enough to mount this stamp so I improvised and placed it on a stamp block.  Absolutely not the way to stamp but I had to do what I had to do for this card.  The sentiment was purposely placed there cause it was missing the stamped impression and it was the biggest void ever! 

I recorded the the process halfway and stopped when the idea that this card might never be started sinking in.     


I'm telling you, there were so many things that went bonkers with this card and I could've ended its life within the first 10 minutes but I kept pushing through and in the end distress inking saved me. I'm glad I did because I like this imperfect card.  Heck, I love it. It's absolutely me.  


And that my dear friends, is how I started my November cards.  I'll be back with another card next week but till then have a great weekend ahead.